Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Almost a month!!

How's everybody doing?? Well, here is the promised post, a bit of an update after almost a month.

Last thursday night on the way home from basketball practice the roads were slippery, so I tested them 3 or 4 times with in the first 10 miles and it was fine. Then the roads looked like they got worse, so I decided to try the roads again. I started to ease on the brake and the back end of the car spun into the middle of the road. I fought it back and forth and was sure we were going to end up in the ditch, when we hit a dry spot and the car straightened out. PRAISE GOD!! I am really thankful I had the car, because we almost had to take our 15 passenger van, which would have been alot worse.

Saturday afternoon we played the SWCHA Saints JV team and lost by 9 points. Zack was our only reserve off the bench and he wasn't feeling well with a cold and fever. It was a fun game!! Our last two games are next Thursday(31st) night in beloit, and next Friday(1st) against the Saints in Waukesha. Hopefully our Coach can get some more games scheduled.

Saturday night a friend, Paul from the UP and I went to a Ricky Skaggs concert in Hartford Wi. It was awesome!! After the concert we got his autograph, a picture with him(my sister posted it on her blog), and autographs from most of his band members. It was alot of fun!!

Sunday we watched the first part of the Packer game. Then we had to go to work at the farm, & had a little TV in the parlor with the volume turned up. It was an exciting finish with the Packers on the short end of the stick. It was kind of disappointing initially, but it's only a game, and it was a GREAT season for Brett Favre and the Pack.

Monday was work in the morning and night.

Today I went with dad to a calving presentation by a local Veterinarian. I learned some stuff, although alot I'd already learned on the job with dad.

Anyway, I pray this finds everyone resting in the spirit, and trusting in his control!
God Bless you all!!
Ike
Romans 8:28

2 comments:

--aleks k. said...

Hey Ike,

Nice post!! It was quite long! That is good!;) I wish you and Zack could have won your game! That would have been so cool!!! I hope you win one of your next two games!!!

The Ricky Skaggs concert was sooooo cool. it was sweet getting his audigraphs from all of them!!!!!!!!!! and his picture taken!!!!!!

I'm so glad that you didn't slid to far and end up in the ditch!!! That would have been freecky!! Thank the Lord!!!!!! I'm glad you didn't have to take the van too!

Love your sister,
Aleks

Anonymous said...

Wow. I would have freaked out spinning in the car! I'm praying that won't happen to me this year (or ever)!
Sounds like the concert was fun! What kind of music does Ricky Skaggs play?

Are you guys going to the dance on Sunday? jw

later!
-Allison