Saturday, February 9, 2008

Another Update!!

Hey Everyone!! How's it been going?

Guess what??? I've been procrastinating again!! I've been thinking about posting for a while.

Anyway, last Thursday night(the 31st), we played a basketball game down in Beloit. We lost by 5 points. Zack had 14 points, Josiah (our point guard #3) had 20 points, I didn't score. I was walking in the flesh and I didn't have much fun. The drive home took a lot longer than it normally does. The roads were snow covered and slick. Praise the Lord we got home safely!!

The Jefferson County Hawks Varsity

The following night we played the SWCHA Saints JV team in Waukesha. This game I was walking in the spirit and playing for HIS glory instead of my own, and i had a blast!! I only scored 4 points, but I gave everything I had and had fun. If this was the last game I play, the play I will remember most is getting a block on a fast break. In the first game I played, I caught up to a guy on a fast break and came close to blocking it. It just goes to show that if you hustle and play hard, you will get rewarded eventually.

That night, Mom and Ali went to Illinois to pick up her pen pal from Kansas. They didn't get home until 12:30am and I had fallen asleep on the couch. To my utmost surprise, her brother(my former penpal) Noah, came along!! We had never met before, and it was REALLY fun having him here. We stayed up until 1:30am talking.

Saturday morning we went out to eat at the Golden Corral as a family. It was a Christmas gift from Mom and Dad. Saturday afternoon we taught Noah some square dance moves. We had taught his sister (Elizabeth) some moves a couple years ago and took her to convention. Anyway, we went to a square dance that night with them, and some friends. It was a REALLY fun dance!! It was the first one we'd been to in over 2 months. Noah did an AWESOME job for having learned only about half the moves that afternoon.

Sunday we had to work. After work that night, we watched iRobot with our new clearplay dvd player. It was a really cool movie with all the swear words taken out. After the movie we stayed up until 2:30 am talking.


Monday I had a eye exam. Everything was good. My eyes have gotten only a little bit worse in 2 years which is really good. When we got home we found out that we had to take Noah and Lizzie back to Illinois to meet their sister, earlier than planned. They were originally going to go home Tuesday morning, but because of the weather they wanted to leave early. We met their sister @ 5:30pm. It was really foggy. During the 3 nights they were here, I figured out I only got about 14 or 15 hours of sleep!! I can go on little sleep for a while, but eventually i have to catch up.

Tuesday and Wednesday were normal days.

Thursday we had basketball practice. We were helping to get our 7th and 8th grade(Undefeated team) team ready for a tournament coming up.

Yesterday was a normal day.

Today we had basketball practice. Ali's former piano teacher had a wedding today. Ali helped out and was gone from 2pm to 9pm.

Tomorrow afternoon we are probably going to a square dance down in Beloit. One of our favorite callers, and a couple others are going to be calling 3 different levels of dancing. It should be fun!!

Anyway, a REALLY long update!!
God Bless!!
Ike
Romans 8:28

8 comments:

--aleks k. said...

Hey Ike!

Yeah, you posted! It was really fun when Lizzie and Noah were here! The block you had was great! I wish we could have gotten a picture! But we got one of you running to block it.

Noah did do really good on dancing!

You did really well in both games!

GTG,
Love, Aleks

Anonymous said...

Hey Ike!
Woah...big shock. Procrastinating...lol

It's pretty amazing how God works when he wants to teach you something, hey?
It sounds like you had fun when Noah was up here. He must have been a great surprise!

Hope you guys have fun at the dance tomorrow! What 3 levels will they be calling? Mainstream, Plus and Advanced? jw. Alex, Abby & I for sure won't be going, and I highly doubt that Amy will go, but I hope it's fun. If Aleks goes, I'm sure we'll hear about it on her blog.

Later-
Allison

Ike said...

We didn't end up going to the dance, because Hwy 43 had was really icy and was treacherous (we found out about it on the internet).

I was REALLY surprised when Noah came.

Aleks, thanks for the encouragement. Have fun at piano today!!

Klahn Family said...

It's a good thing we had ClearPlay for iRobot! Who knows, maybe we'd all start talking like Elizabeth if we didn't . . . .;). Sorry Lizzie, I had to tease you!!

So . . . time for another update yet?!

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's too bad you guys couldn't make it to the dance! It sounds like it would have been fun to go to. Are you guys going to the dance tomorrow night? I think Chuck Mickey (or something like that) is calling, but I don't know where. We were thinking about going...

Anonymous said...

ALIISA JOY KLAHN!!!!!!!!!! You are SO awful!! I can't believe you are STILL teasing me about that!! It is so totally not funny!!

BTW, the mirror in our upstairs bathroom has been staying really clean lately.....and so have the boys' shirts!! :)
~Lizzie

Anonymous said...

I can hear you yelling that!! And actually, it is quite funny!!

If you can keep bringing up the toothpaste incident, then I can keep bringing up the *ahem* other incident!

Love you! ;P
Ali

Anonymous said...

Hey Ike!!!
It was great getting to know you and your family better!! I had such an awesome time with you guys!! Elizabeth said that you and Ali might drive down some time?? You're welcome ANYTIME. ttyl
Noah