Sunday, July 1, 2007

Its July!!

How's it goin'??

First off, an update on my Grandma. Monday afternoon she made a rally and is doing well!! Mom came back Tuesday. It didn't really surprise me even though she is in her 90s & has been fighting heart problems for 35 years. She always was strong. I am REALLY thankful we're going to get a chance to see her next week, God is SOOOO good!!

Yesterday we had our rummage sale, & it went well. Mom & Dad & Mrs Burant worked really hard on it, so I'm really glad it turned out. Ali helped out ALOT with pricing & watching the girls. Zack did alot of hauling the stuff out onto the lawn (from the barn). Aleks & her friend sold soda, water & cookies along with helping out with stuff. I'd love to brag about how much I did, but to tell you the truth, I did barely anything. I worked for a friend so I wasn't around until late afternoon.

Last night we went to a square dance. It was ALOT of fun!! Alot of people were there. It was a plus dance.

Wednesday after morning chores we are heading up north to my Great Grandparents cottage. I can't wait to see everyone, go swimming, and of course, get wet on the jet ski. Until last year I didn't wear glasses when i rode it, so I didn't do much on it, but I figured out how get wet on it!! We are going to come home late Sunday night.

I am getting REALLY sick of power washing!! I power washed the calf barn (2 weeks) that holds about 100 calves. Now I am power washing the ceiling in the free stall barn (and I was scared of heights). Hopefully I'll get it done by the time calving season starts (mid July). We are going to calve in 90 calves the first month, & 60 the second month!! Then it slows down a lot. This is the time of year seasonal calving isn't fun!!

Well I need to try to get to bed at reasonable hour!
God Bless!!
Ike

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Define "reasonable hour" for bed time! LOL
I'm glad your family's rummage was a success! It's really nice that your mom's friend would help out.
The square dance was TONS of fun!!! I think we missed the last plus dance, so it was great for us to go to one again. It's so fun when almost everyone in "the Siegmann group" can go!
~later
Allison

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, have a great 4th of July!
~Allison

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged which means you have to write a blog about weird/random things about you. Even habits! And then you have to tag 10 people you know on xanga/blogger. When you add them to your tag list tell why you added them. When you tag them don't forget to comment their site to tell them that you tagged them.



~Allison

Ike said...

Sometime before 11pm, as 6am comes around early!! It ususally ends up being between 11pm & 11:30pm.

As we are leaving tomorrow I'll have to do the tag thing when we get home (probably Monday).

God Bless Everyone!!
Happy Independence day!!
Ike

Anonymous said...

I hope you guys have a fun and safe trip!
Woah, I don't have to get up at 6am...that's WAAAAAAAAAAY too early for me! Lately I've had to get up at 6:45am though, and that's really tough, especially because I like to stay up quite late. lol

Happy 4th to you, too! Alex said he'll miss you at square dancing tomorrow because he can actually come this time!
~Allison